To our valued members,
We at NASCLA, like so many of our members, continue to navigate the ever changing COVID-19 pandemic. We want to ensure you that we continue to monitor the situation and our focus remains on the health and welfare of our employees, members and stakeholders. Our thoughts are with those impacted by the coronavirus including the health care professionals, first responders and related officials on the front lines of this evolving situation.
NASCLA is committed to supporting the health and safety of our team and members through this turbulent time while still providing superior customer service. We have implemented measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 which currently have a limited impact on how we conduct our essential business operations. Here are the following steps that have been employed:
- Limiting in-office employee work schedules – We have worked closely with our NASCLA Staff to develop remote schedules which promote physical distancing while continuing to provide exceptional customer service with NASCLA Publications.
- Ongoing monitoring – We are closely monitoring updates from government and regulatory bodies that impact our members and employees and are prepared to respond accordingly.
- Reduction of foot traffic in office – The NASCLA office has predesignated areas for dropping off and picking up all ingoing and outgoing mail.
- Suspension of all business travel – NASCLA has suspended all business travel at this time.
- Utilizing phone and video conferences for all NASCLA meetings – While we value in person interaction and communication with our members, NASCLA Executive Committee Members, NASCLA Board of Directors and vendors, all of our meetings will be conducted via phone and/or video conference at this time.
We will be doing everything practical to continue to serve you with the same quality service and responsiveness you count on from NASCLA. We understand this is a moment of uncertainty for many organizations and individuals and we will be here to support you and your state agency and/or business.
At this time, the NASCLA 2020 Annual Conference scheduled for August 30 – September 3, 2020 has NOT been rescheduled or cancelled. We will continue to closely monitor news and reports of COVID -19 and announce if any changes to the conference are necessary. We have decided to delay the opening of conference registration until further notice.
In conjunction with providing updates regarding NASCLA we will share pertinent news and updates as it relates to our business members and partners. Today, we received notification that PSI Services, LLC has made the difficult decision to temporarily close their owned and operated physical test centers in the United States starting at the end of day, March 19th until April 13th. This will of course affect the individual state agencies but does also affect the administration of the NASCLA Accredited Examination Program. For more information please click on this link: https://www.psionline.com/important-notice-update-concerning-covid-19-coronavirus.
For more information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease and prevention, we suggest you go to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) for the most reliable and up-to-date information please click on this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
Please take care of yourself, your families and your loved ones!