*Please note, the NASCLA 2020 Contractor Scholarship Program deadline has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications*
Welcome to the NASCLA Contractor Scholarship Program Application!
Now Accepting Applications through August 3, 2020
The NASCLA Contractor Scholarship Program is designed to help students pursue licenses, certificates and/or certifications in the construction industry preparing them for gainful employment. These specific scholarships provide a chance for three (3) recipients to be awarded up to $2,500 towards program tuition. The scholarship awards go as follows: 1st place winner will be awarded $2,500, 2nd place winner will be awarded $1,500 and the 3rd place winner will be awarded $1,000. The opportunity provides industry-wide recognition, networking opportunities, mentor-ship from an industry professional, the option to participate in a virtual moderated panel discussion, and recognition from the NASCLA Board of Directors in a virtual meeting.
Please keep in mind you will be judged by industry professionals and your application should reflect creativity, innovation, passion and your ability to communicate.
The Online Application form can be found below. Applications will be accepted from February 1, 2020 - August 3, 2020.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the informational flyer and shareable version of the application.
If you have any questions, please contact: Hannah Mount, NASCLA Program & Marketing Coordinator, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and GOOD LUCK!
- Applicant MUST attend or be enrolled (proof of acceptance letter must be provided) in a technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline of construction, including military member or post-secondary student.
- Applicant MUST desire a career in the construction industry.
- Applicant MUST be a part-time or full-time student.
- Applicant MUST be enrolled or intend to enroll in an approved accredited program.
- Applicant MUST pursue degree, certificate or credential in a construction discipline or construction-related studies/programs.
- Applicant MUST be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States (i.e. must possess a “permanent resident” card).
- Applicant MUST be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the conference.
Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all the following items are submitted within the application period February 1, 2020 - August 3, 2020:
- Applicant MUST submit the completed scholarship application online using the form below.
- In addition to the application form, applicants MUST submit an essay (600 words or less) or video. If the applicant elects to submit a video, the video submission should no more than five (5) minutes in length and should be submitted in the best quality possible. The essay or video should answer the following questions:
1. Describe why you should be selected for the scholarship.
2. Describe why you chose your craft.
3. Describe why you would like to work in the construction industry.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a current or past instructor/employer, which must be [mailed / submitted] directly to NASCLA by the one making the recommendation.
- Applications will be reviewed, and recipients will be selected by the NASCLA Contractors Sub-Committee.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in August 2020 and awards will be announced on the NASCLA website.
- NASCLA may award up to three (3) recipients program tuition in the following increments: 1st Place: $2,500, 2nd Place: $1,500, 3rd Place: $1,000.
- Recipients will be assigned an industry professional mentor.
- Recipients will work directly with NASCLA staff on participation in a virtual moderated panel discussion.
- Recipients will receive recognition from the NASCLA Board of Directors in a virtual meeting setting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Can I submit a student scholarship application before I apply and am accepted to a school?
No, before you apply for the scholarship, you must have proof of acceptance and or be currently enrolled in school.
2. When are applications accepted?
February 1, 2020 through August 3, 2020.
3. Can I apply after the deadline date?
No, applications can not be accepted after the due date.
4. How long will it take for me to complete the application?
The amount of time needed to complete the application varies based on he time and effort put forth by the individual. However, we recommend allowing two (2) to four (4) weeks to get your application finalized. This will allow ample time to obtain all need documents.
5. What is acceptable proof of enrollment for student scholarship?
- Letter of acceptance from the school where you are registered. Letter should include your name, program name and start date.
- Signed enrollment agreement with school name, program name and start date
6. How will I know if I won?
Winners will be notified via the email provided on the scholarship application. Winners will also be announced on the NASCLA website at www.nascla.org.
For additional questions, please contact:
Hannah Mount, NASCLA Program & Marketing Coordinator
Phone: (623) 587-9354
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
The NASCLA Contractor Scholarship Program is a scholarship funded by NASCLA. The scholarship was created to help students pursue educational programs leading to licenses, degrees, certificates in the construction industry. The total amount of the scholarship may be awarded to the three (3) recipients selected by the NASCLA Contractors Sub-Committee.
A. The scholarship is open to all legal residents of the continental United States who will be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the conference or proof of high schools’ graduation before the age of eighteen (18) have completed and submitted the application for the scholarship. NASCLA reserves the right to amend the eligibility criteria in its sole discretion, including to all its members.
B. Family members of NASCLA employees are prohibited from entering. Members of the NASCLA Board of Directors and Contractors Sub-Committee members shall be prohibited in participating in the selection process for any entry(ies) submitted by family members.
C. Applicant must have applied for and/or have been accepted to an Eligible Institution. For the purpose of this Named Scholarship Program, “Eligible Institution” means a school or institution approved by the Administrator; technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline or construction, including military member or post-secondary student. The school or institution MUST be accredited.
A. Incomplete applications, multiple applications, automated applications, and computer-aided or computer-generated script applications are void and ineligible. NASCLA reserves the right in its sole discretion to make these determinations.
B. Once an application has been submitted, it is final and may not be changed, altered, revised, or modified. By applying for an Award, the applicant agrees that it has read, understands, and accepts the terms and conditions of this Scholarship Program, including the publication of the award on NASCLA's website.
C. NASCLA reserves the right to disqualify scholarship submissions that include video entries that are deemed, at NASCLA's sole discretion, to be lewd, pornographic, false, doctored, enhanced, offensive, or inappropriate in any manner.
D. The deadline time for submission is 11:59:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) on the respective date deadline. The scholarship application deadlines and scholarship announcement dates are subject to change.
E. APPLICANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ALL MATERIALS SUBMITTED TO NASCLA, REGARDLESS OF FORMAT, BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF NASCLA. ACCORDINGLY, APPLICANT HEREBY GRANTS AND CONVEYS TO NASCLA, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN ANY AND ALL WRITTEN TEXT AND ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS AND ALL QUOTATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS, AUDIOS, AND OTHER IMAGES SUBMITTED BY ME AS PART OF AND INHERENT IN MY APPLICATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP.
F. Winning entries become the property of NASCLA and may be posted or used elsewhere by NASCLA in its sole and absolute discretion.
A. Winners will be notified in August 2020.
B. Not all scholarships will be awarded if the number of acceptable submissions is less than the number of awards offered. NASCLA further reserves the right to not award any scholarships regardless of the number of submissions.
C. NASCLA reserves the sole and absolute right to amend the rules, rights, dates and regulations applicable to this Scholarship Program at any time, including the termination of the contest and/or the termination of an award to a recipient for any reason deemed by NASCLA to be material or in NASCLA's best interests.
D. APPLICANT, BY ITS SIGNATURE BELOW, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALL OR PART OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP MAY BE A TAXABLE EVENT TO THE APPLICANT, WHO IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY TAXES DUE TO AWARD OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP. APPLICANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES IS IT SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY TAXES AND WILL CONSULT ITS OWN TAX PROFESSIONAL FOR ANY QUESTIONS ARISING FROM THEREFROM.
Last day to apply is August 3, 2020!