NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Basic 12th Edition
Exams that use this book:
- NASCLA Accredited Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors
- NASCLA Accredited Trade Examination for Electrical Contractors
- NASCLA Accredited Trade Examination for Residential Electrical Contractors
- Alabama Electrical
- Alabama HVAC
- California (Business and Law)
- Massachusetts Electrical
- New Mexico (Business and Law)
- Oklahoma (Business and Law)
- Illinois Roofing
The NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management is organized into 3 sections.
Part 1 focuses on business planning and start up. This section will help you formulate a business plan, choose a business structure, understand licensing and insurance requirements and gain basic management and marketing skills.
Part 2 is centered on fundamentals that you will need to operate a successful construction business. This section will cover estimating, contract management, scheduling, project management, safety and environmental responsibilities and building good relationships with employees, subcontractors and customers.
Part 3 gives you valuable information for running the administrative function of your business. Financial management, tax basics and lien laws are covered. Effective management of these areas of business is vital and can cause you serious problems if you do not give them the proper attention.