Welcome to the NASCLA Contractor Scholarship Program Application!
Last day to apply is June 17, 2019!
The NASCLA Contractor Scholarship Program provides an opportunity for two (2) recipients to be awarded a complimentary invite package to our upcoming NASCLA 2019 Annual Conference scheduled for August 26 - 29, 2019 in Baltimore, Maryland. The purpose of this scholarship program is to encourage students to pursue a career in the construction industry. The award includes travel arrangements, hotel, registration and $750 in cash. The opportunity provides industry-wide recognition, networking opportunities, conference mentor, the option to participate in a moderated panel discussion and a certificate of attendance.
Please keep in mind you will be judged by industry professionals and your application should reflect creativity, innovation, passion and your ability to communicate.
Check www.NASCLA.org for updates and more information.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the informational flyer.
Click here for more information on the NASCLA 2019 Annual Conference.
If you have any questions, please contact: Linda Williams via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and GOOD LUCK!
1. The applicant can be anyone that attends or is enrolled (proof of acceptance letter must be provided) in a technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline of construction, including military member or postsecondary student.
2. Applicant MUST desire a career in the construction industry.
3. Applicant can be a part-time or full-time student.
4. Applicant MUST be enrolled or intend to enroll in an approved accredited program.
5. Applicant MUST pursue degree, certificate or credential in a construction discipline or construction-related studies/programs.
6. Applicant MUST be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States (i.e. must possess a “permanent resident” card).
7. Applicant MUST be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the conference.
- Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all the following items are submitted within the application period, April 1, 2019 - June 17, 2019.
- Applicant MUST submit the completed scholarship application online
- In addition to the application form, applicants MUST submit an essay (600 words or less) or video. The video submission should be three (3) – five (5) minutes in length and should be submitted in the best quality possible. The essay or video should answer the following questions:
1. Describe why you should be selected for the scholarship.
2. Describe why you chose your craft.
3. Describe why you would like to work in the construction industry.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a current or past instructor/employer, which must be [mailed / submitted] directly to NASCLA.
- Applications will be reviewed, and recipients will be selected by the NASCLA Contractors Sub-Committee.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on June 24, 2019 and awards will be announced on the NASCLA website.
- All travel, hotel and registration arrangements will be secured by NASCLA staff.
- Checks in the amount of $750 will be payable to scholarship recipients.
- Recipients will be assigned an industry professional mentor.
- Recipients will work directly with NASCLA staff on moderated panelists session.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Can I submit a student scholarship application before I apply and am accepted to a school?
No, before you apply for a scholarship, you must have proof of acceptance and or be currently enrolled in school.
2. When are applications accepted?
April 1, 2019 - June 17, 2019
3. Can I apply after the deadline date?
No, applications can not be accepted after the due date.
4. How long will it take for me to complete the application?
The amount of time needed to complete the application varies based on he time and effort put forth by the individual. However, we recommend allowing two (2) to four (4) weeks to get your application finalized. This will allow ample time to obtain all need documents.
5. What is acceptable proof of enrollment for student scholarship?
- Letter of acceptance from the school where your registered. Letter should include your name, program name and start date.
- Signed enrollment agreement with school name, program name and start date
6. How will I know if I won?
Winners will be notified via the email provided on the scholarship application. Winners will also be announced on the NASCLA website at www.nascla.org website.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
The NASCLA Contractor Scholarship Program is a scholarship funded by NASCLA. The scholarship was created to help students pursue educational programs leading to licenses, degrees, certificates in the construction industry. The total amount of the scholarship will be awarded to the two (2) recipients selected by the NASCLA Contractors Sub-Committee. PLEASE NOTE: This scholarship may be taxable to the winning recipients. The cash award has been increased to cover anticipated taxes.
A. The scholarship is open to all legal residents of the continental United States who will be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the conference or proof of high schools’ graduation before the age of eighteen (18) have completed and submitted the application for the scholarship. NASCLA reserves the right to expand the eligibility to all its member states.
B. Family members of NASCLA employees are prohibited from entering. NASCLA Board of Directors and Committee members shall be prohibited in participating in the selection process for any entry(ies) submitted by family members.
C. Applicant must have applied for and/or have been accepted to an Eligible Institution. For the purpose of this Named Scholarship Program, “Eligible Institution” means a school or institution approved by the Administrator; technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline or construction, including military member or postsecondary student. The school or institution MUST be accredited.
A. Incomplete applications, multiple applications, automated applications, and computer-aided or computer-generated script applications are void and ineligible.
B. Once an application has been submitted, it is final and may not be changed, altered, revised, or modified. By applying for an Award, the applicant agrees that it has read, understands, and accepts the terms and conditions of this Scholarship Program.
C. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify scholarship submissions that include video entries that are deemed, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to be lewd, pornographic, false, doctored, enhanced, offensive, or inappropriate in any manner.
D. The deadline time for submission is 11:59:59pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) on the respective date deadline. The scholarship application deadlines and scholarship announcement dates are subject to change.
E. APPLICANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ALL MATERIALS SUBMITTED TO NASCLA, REGARDLESS OF FORMAT, BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF NASCLA. ACCORDINGLY, APPLICANT HEREBY GRANTS AND CONVEYS TO NASCLA, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN ANY AND ALL WRITTEN TEXT AND ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS AND ALL QUOTATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS, AUDIOS, AND OTHER IMAGES SUBMITTED BY ME AS PART OF AND INHERENT IN MY APPLICATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
F. Winning entries become the property of NASCLA and may be posted or used elsewhere by NASCLA in its sole and absolute discretion.
A. Winners will be notified on June 24, 2019.
B. Not all scholarships will be awarded if the number of acceptable submissions is less than the number of awards offered.
C. NASCLA reserves the right to amend the above rules, rights, dates and regulations at any time, including the termination of the contest.
D. APPLICANT, BY ITS SIGNATURE BELOW, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALL OR PART OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP MAY BE A TAXABLE EVENT TO THE APPLICANT, WHO IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY TAXES DUE TO AWARD OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP. APPLICANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES IS IT SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY TAXES AND WILL CONSULT ITS OWN TAX PROFESSIONAL FOR ANY QUESTIONS ARISING FROM THEREFROM.
Last day to apply is June 17, 2019!